The European C-ITS Platform has made important progress towards a common C-ITS deployment strategy, and now it’s time to speed-up the cooperation between cities, road operators, businesses and professional users who need to work actively together if massive C-ITS deployment is to start in 2019.
Three leading European C-ITS initiatives supported by the European Commission (urban C-ITS pilots in “C-The Difference” and “C-MobILE” projects, together with the C-Roads Platform for national and regional deployment), are coming together to invite policy- and decision-makers and professional users to meet at the Urban C-ITS Roundtable on 6th June 2018 in Bordeaux to strengthen commitment and to gain momentum toward large scale deployment in Europe.
The event is free and open on invitation to all C-ITS stakeholders.
The event has three main objectives: To –
1. Ease the integration of urban nodes into pan-European C-ITS corridors, and promote expansion to all cities and regions;
2. Share lessons learnt by frontrunner cities and road operators, and transfer knowledge of C-ITS’ contribution to policy goals and to improved performance of road transport and urban mobility;
3. Foster the scaling up and widespread replication of successful C-ITS service implementations in European cities, and create a framework for demand and supply cooperation towards effective deployment and sustainable operation of C-ITS services.
Programme overview (09:00 – 16:30):
- Keynote statements from European Parliament, European Commission (DG MOVE), C-ROADS Platform and Bordeaux Metropole
- Cities testify how C-ITS helps local authorities achieve sustainable mobility for all
- Live on line: demonstrations in Bordeaux traffic
- C-ITS, a game changer for professional users? Views from traffic managers, transport planners, public transport operators and road freight hauliers
- Interactive update session on urban C-ITS basics (service implementation, public procurement, digital infrastructure and living labs)
The event programme will be posted soon.